Early March . . .
south Florida . . .
sunshine . . .
light breezes . . .
vacation with your daughter . . .
Does it get any better?
Well, yes, actually, it does.
All the above, plus --
Minnesota Twins SPRING TRAINING!!!!!
Spring training, when:
· The Boys are back at it, and the AA and AAA prospects get a chance to show their stuff right along side them.
· Baseball is played as it was meant to be played: in the afternoon, under the open sky, on real grass.
· You can get both of the autographs you most wanted within 5 minutes of each other just because your seats are in the fourth row from the field.
· (And seats in the fourth row from the field don’t cost the GNP of a medium-sized nation.)
· An attendance figure of 7000 is a darn good turnout.
· The crowd, largely made up of escapees from the Arctic Tundra, applaud the announcement of the game-time temperature (which is always in the 70's).
· Faxes are not piling up in front of you, clients are not complaining that they only get what they pay for, bills are stacking up 4 states away. All that matters is that distinctive crack of the bat, the beautiful arc of a ball perfectly thrown in from the outfield, the seventh-inning stretch . . .
Nope, doesn’t get any better.
“The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again . . .”
We miss you.